Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Join the Great Michigan Read story-writing contest
Wed November 13, 2013
New MSU report says other Michigan cities might be in the same trouble as Detroit
As Detroit's troubles and "dirty laundry" have been aired out on a world-wide stage, there has been plenty of finger-pointing and judging of the city's leaders, employees, retirees and citizens.
But a new analysis from Michigan State University suggests we might want to hold up on judging Detroit and take a look at our own cities and towns.
That MSU report finds cities all around Michigan face the very same mountain of "legacy" debt that toppled Detroit.
Study co-author Eric Scorsone joined us today.
Listen to the full interview above.
Politics & Government