Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
Wed August 22, 2012
New 'Pure' Michigan license plates unveiled (PHOTOS)
This morning, Secretary of State Ruth Johnson unveiled two new Michigan license plates.
(Click through the photos above to see Michigan plates through the ages.)
Standing on the Mackinac Bridge, Johnson revealed two newly designed plates that promote the state's Pure Michigan campaign. A simple blue and white version will eventually replace the state's standard plate, but another more colorful option featuring the Mackinac Bridge will also be available.
The plates will be available beginning early next year.
Michigan produces about 1.4 million license plates annually. Secretary of State officials say they're made by inmates at a correctional facility in the southern Michigan community of Adrian.
-Elaine Ezekiel, Michigan Radio Newsroom