Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Tue April 1, 2014
New report breaks down inequality among Michigan children by race
A newly released report is breaking new ground in the study of inequality among our children.
The report is from the Annie E. Casey Foundation for Kids Count. It's titled "Race for Results: building a path to opportunity for all children."
For the first time, it creates an index that looks at conditions for children by race.
Our next guest believes it contains troubling findings for Michigan children and the need for a major call to action.
Jane Zehnder-Merrell is project director of Kids Count in Michigan with the Michigan League for Public Policy, and she joined us today.
Listen to the full interview above.