Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Re-thinking creativity's role in education
Thu August 26, 2010
News Roundup: August 26th
Michigan's New Home Sales Better Than Nation's
Michigan's new home sales fared better than the nation's last month. Bernie Markstein, an economist with the National Association of Home Builders, says the recovery in the auto industry is helping to stabalize the state's economy. However, just this morning, NPR's Yuki Noguchi reported on a couple in Lansing who haven't been able to find a buyer for their home that's been on the market for the past year.
Snyder Introduces Calley as Running Mate
Rick Snyder, the Republican nominee for Governor, announced his pick for a running mate, 33 year old State Rep. Brian Calley, yesterday at a rally in Grand Rapids. Michigan Radio's Political Analyst Jack Lessenberry takes a look back at the state's past Lieutenant Governors and their influence.
Clean Up in the Kalamazoo River Continues