Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Take it from this "Trustafarian," these judgy maps are meant to make us laugh
- Green goo growing in Lake Erie is not what you think it is
- The new right-to-farm requirements and backyard animals
- Lawmakers vote to allow wolf hunts in UP
- Workers in Minnesota see wage gains, while workers in Michigan see steady wage losses
Thu August 26, 2010
News Roundup: August 26th
Michigan's New Home Sales Better Than Nation's
Michigan's new home sales fared better than the nation's last month. Bernie Markstein, an economist with the National Association of Home Builders, says the recovery in the auto industry is helping to stabalize the state's economy. However, just this morning, NPR's Yuki Noguchi reported on a couple in Lansing who haven't been able to find a buyer for their home that's been on the market for the past year.
Snyder Introduces Calley as Running Mate
Rick Snyder, the Republican nominee for Governor, announced his pick for a running mate, 33 year old State Rep. Brian Calley, yesterday at a rally in Grand Rapids. Michigan Radio's Political Analyst Jack Lessenberry takes a look back at the state's past Lieutenant Governors and their influence.
Clean Up in the Kalamazoo River Continues