Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
- Yo Yo Ma playing with Detroit kids might make your heart melt
Thu August 26, 2010
News Roundup: August 26th
Michigan's New Home Sales Better Than Nation's
Michigan's new home sales fared better than the nation's last month. Bernie Markstein, an economist with the National Association of Home Builders, says the recovery in the auto industry is helping to stabalize the state's economy. However, just this morning, NPR's Yuki Noguchi reported on a couple in Lansing who haven't been able to find a buyer for their home that's been on the market for the past year.
Snyder Introduces Calley as Running Mate
Rick Snyder, the Republican nominee for Governor, announced his pick for a running mate, 33 year old State Rep. Brian Calley, yesterday at a rally in Grand Rapids. Michigan Radio's Political Analyst Jack Lessenberry takes a look back at the state's past Lieutenant Governors and their influence.
Clean Up in the Kalamazoo River Continues