Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
Fri August 27, 2010
News roundup: Friday, August 27th
Stabbing suspect awaits trial in county jail
Elias Abuelazam, the man suspected in more than a dozen stabbings in Flint, made his first court appearance yesterday. A motive for the crimes is still unknown. Genesee County prosecutor David Leyton says he will seek a life sentence for Abuelazam.
Granholm names new Michigan Supreme Court justice
Governor Granholm has named Appeals Court Judge Alton Thomas Davis to the Michigan Supreme Court. The news came yesterday, after a surprise announcement from Justice Elizabeth Weaver that she was resigning from the court.
New poll shows Snyder ahead in Gov race
A new statewide poll shows Republican Rick Snyder leading Democrat Virg Bernero in the race for Governor. 51 % of voters polled said they back Snyder, 29% support Bernero. Interestingly enough, just 10 weeks before the November election 20% of those surveyed remain undecided.