Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- Records may fall with the snow this week in Michigan
Fri August 27, 2010
News roundup: Friday, August 27th
Stabbing suspect awaits trial in county jail
Elias Abuelazam, the man suspected in more than a dozen stabbings in Flint, made his first court appearance yesterday. A motive for the crimes is still unknown. Genesee County prosecutor David Leyton says he will seek a life sentence for Abuelazam.
Granholm names new Michigan Supreme Court justice
Governor Granholm has named Appeals Court Judge Alton Thomas Davis to the Michigan Supreme Court. The news came yesterday, after a surprise announcement from Justice Elizabeth Weaver that she was resigning from the court.
New poll shows Snyder ahead in Gov race
A new statewide poll shows Republican Rick Snyder leading Democrat Virg Bernero in the race for Governor. 51 % of voters polled said they back Snyder, 29% support Bernero. Interestingly enough, just 10 weeks before the November election 20% of those surveyed remain undecided.