Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
Mon August 1, 2011
No Michigan colleges on 'Party School' list (though one makes 'Stone Cold Sober' honor roll)
The Princeton Review is out with its annual list of the best colleges and universities for those who put more of an emphasis on 'party' than 'school' . No Michigan colleges or universities made the dubious list this year. Though Calvin College in Grand Rapids did land a spot on the list of schools that have more students in the library on a Saturday night than in a local bar.
Here are the lists:
1. Ohio University, Athens, Ohio
2. University of Georgia, Athens, Ga.
3. University of Mississippi, Oxford, Miss.
4. University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
5. University of California Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, Calif.
6. West Virginia University, Morgantown, W. Va.
7. Penn State University, University Park, Pa.
8. Florida State University, Tallahassee, Fla.
9. University of Florida, Gainesville, Fla.
10. University of Texas, Austin, Texas
11. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
12. Syracuse University, Syracuse, N.Y.
13. Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, La.
14. University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, Wis.
15. DePauw University, Greencastle, Ind.
16. Indiana University, Bloomington, Ind.
17. Arizona State University, Tempe, Ariz.
18. University of Maryland, College Park, Md.
19. University of Vermont, Burlington, Vt.
20. University of South Carolina, Columbia, S.C.
Stone-cold sober schools
1. Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
2. Wheaton College, Wheaton, Ill.
3. Wesleyan College, Macon, Ga.
4. U.S. Coast Guard Academy, New London, Conn.
5. U.S. Military Academy, West Point, N.Y.
6. U.S. Naval Academy, Annapolis, Md.
7. Calvin College, Grand Rapids, Mich.
8. Grove City College, Grove City, Pa.
9. Pepperdine University, Malibu, Calif.
10. City University of New York - Brooklyn College, Brooklyn,
11. The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art, New
12. U.S. Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, N.Y.
13. U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
14. Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering, Needham, Mass.
15. City University of New York - Queens College, Flushing, N.Y.
16. Thomas Aquinas College, Santa Paula, Calif.
17. University of Dallas, Irving, Texas
18. Agnes Scott College, Decatur, Ga.
19. College of the Ozarks, Point Lookout, Mo.
20. Gustavus Adolphus College, Saint Peter, Minn.