Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Those who want to outlaw publications over sexually explicit ads should study Constitution first
Wed May 15, 2013
A Note about Michigan Radio's Live Stream
Thank you for your patience over the last few weeks as we made some much needed updates to the ways you can stream Michigan Radio online. We know that some users have experienced problems in listening to the station on their computer or smartphone and we've been working hard to correct the problems.
Michigan Radio was among the first public radio stations to offer online streaming and to offer an iPhone app. However, the computer that controlled our online stream was on its last legs. When we replaced it we discovered that changes in the iPhone operating system caused our iPhone app to break when we updated the station app to get the stream from the new location. We had been planning an all new app and our app vendor JacApps worked with us to quickly get it done.
If you haven’t downloaded the new app, please do so. For people who stream the station directly through iTunes or Apple TV, it took a while for Apple to switch the location of our stream in their system, but that processes has been completed. At this point, all station streaming services have been modernized and should be working well.