Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Scientists are looking for "survivor trees" in Michigan, and they want your help
- The Detroit Free Press endorsement shows our system of government is broken
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Snyder and Schauer both wrong; potential revenue lost to schools is a billion dollars a year
- Here's why so few people get flu shots
Wed May 15, 2013
A Note about Michigan Radio's Live Stream
Thank you for your patience over the last few weeks as we made some much needed updates to the ways you can stream Michigan Radio online. We know that some users have experienced problems in listening to the station on their computer or smartphone and we've been working hard to correct the problems.
Michigan Radio was among the first public radio stations to offer online streaming and to offer an iPhone app. However, the computer that controlled our online stream was on its last legs. When we replaced it we discovered that changes in the iPhone operating system caused our iPhone app to break when we updated the station app to get the stream from the new location. We had been planning an all new app and our app vendor JacApps worked with us to quickly get it done.
If you haven’t downloaded the new app, please do so. For people who stream the station directly through iTunes or Apple TV, it took a while for Apple to switch the location of our stream in their system, but that processes has been completed. At this point, all station streaming services have been modernized and should be working well.