Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Re-thinking creativity's role in education
Wed November 30, 2011
NPR’s Backseat Book Club Treasure Hunt
UPDATE: The books have been located in Ann Arbor and Grand Rapids, but you can still win the Flint book.
*Click the photo above to launch a slideshow showing all of the photo clues
NPR recently launched the Backseat Book Club, which encourages young readers to read a selected book and send in questions for the author to answer on-air.
In December, we’re adding a new twist. Three copies of the Backseat Book Club selection, Breadcrumbs by Anne Ursu, have been hidden in Michigan Radio’s listening area. If listeners can track down the book based on our clues and take a photo of themselves with it, their treasure hunt story may be featured on the Backseat Book Club webpage. Plus, the first person to find the book wins the book and other prizes!
If you find the book, email your photo to: firstname.lastname@example.org Remember, the first person to send in a photo of themselves with that book wins!
The books have been hidden in easily accessible locations in Ann Arbor, Flint and Grand Rapids. Use our photo clues shown above to locate the book in your area. You can also check back for further clues later. Good luck!
Here are some hints to help you:
Ann Arbor – The other books in the photo should be a big hint.
Flint – This location is a real Whizbang!
Grand Rapids – A great place for coffee…and books in Grand Rapids.