Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Signed a petition to oppose Asian carp? You actually signed a petition to allow wolf hunting
Wed December 8, 2010
Numerous reports say Aretha Franklin has cancer
"A relative of Aretha Franklin tells reporter Al Allen that the icon has cancer. Another relative says the family is very concerned. At this time Franklin's family says she is doing "OK", but they are asking for the continued prayers and thoughts from the community."
Aretha Franklin underwent surgery in Detroit last Thursday. Neither she nor her publicist would say what kind of surgery Franklin was going in for or the nature of the illness.
After the surgery, Franklin released a statement saying the surgery was “successful.”
Her long time friend, Reverend Jesse Jackson, visited in her in the hospital several times and told the Associated Press that her “spirits are high and her faith is strong.”
The 68-year-old Queen of Soul last month cancelled all her concerts through May 2011. Franklin said the cancellations were doctors’ orders, but didn’t reveal anything about her condition.