Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Politics & Government
Fri May 3, 2013
Oakland Co. executive compares House speaker to Hitler
One of Michigan’s most well-known Republicans has some harsh words for the state House GOP leader.
Oakland County Executive L. Brooks Patterson appeared today on the Michigan Public Television show “Off the Record.” Patterson said state House Speaker Jase Bolger has abused his power, and compared him to the leader of Nazi Germany.
“Adolf Bolger, you mean," Patterson said on the show. "He’s really become quite arrogant, and he’s really throwing his weight around up there, and I think he’s embarrassing himself. If he thinks he’s going to be a candidate for governor, he’d better learn how to control his temper, better learn how to work within the consensus in his own party. I think, sometimes, Adolf steps a little bit to the fringe, and he’s embarrassing himself.”
Patterson also put a comb under his nose, emulating a Hitler mustache.
There was no direct response from Bolger, but at least three Oakland County Republican lawmakers have called on Patterson to apologize. And Governor Rick Snyder called on public officials to keep their rhetoric respectful.
There is no word on whether Bolger is interested in running for governor.
Watch the segment here: