Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Fri August 31, 2012
Oakland University, professors reach 3-year deal
ROCHESTER, Mich. (AP) - Oakland University in suburban Detroit and its professors have reached a three-year proposed tentative contract agreement.
The agreement was announced early Friday in a posting on the website of the 700-member Oakland University chapter of the American Association of University Professors.
Details of the proposed agreement are expected to be made public later. It's expected to include pay increases, merit pay adjustments and changes to benefits.
Classes begin Tuesday at the school. Voting to ratify the contract likely will take place in a few weeks.
In 2009, professors at the school went on strike for a week starting the day classes were expected to begin before a tentative contract agreement was reached.