Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Fri August 12, 2011
Officials Enlist Geese To Patrol Brazilian Prison
Originally published on Fri August 12, 2011 6:59 am
In Brazil, prison officials needed to goose up their alarm system at an overcrowded prison. They could have done many things, but instead they turned to geese. According to the warden, geese will honk loudly when they sense strange movements — like someone escaping over a wall.