Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Proposal 1 asks Michigan voters to weigh in on a complex tax issue
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
Fri September 2, 2011
One last shot of Summer
Many Michiganders will head to the beach or campgrounds to enjoy one last taste of summer during the Labor Day holiday weekend. AAA predicts 1.2 million Michiganders will travel this weekend. 98 percent will be driving.
Sergeant Jill Bennett is with the Michigan State Police. She says police will be out in force this weekend.
“If people have only gotten out of town for a couple weekends throughout the summer…then they certainly try to get out of town before their kids have to go back to school. I think that’s what makes it unique….and a very heavily traveled weekend.”
Those heavily traveled roads can be deadly.
21 people died in Labor Day weekend auto accidents in Michigan last year.