Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Budget deficit forcing school officials to close Albion High School
- The top 10 high schools in Michigan (according to two magazines)
- You have to see this stunning video of Michigan's Northern Lights
- Are people in Ironwood really afraid of wolves? (part 2)
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
Fri September 2, 2011
One last shot of Summer
Many Michiganders will head to the beach or campgrounds to enjoy one last taste of summer during the Labor Day holiday weekend. AAA predicts 1.2 million Michiganders will travel this weekend. 98 percent will be driving.
Sergeant Jill Bennett is with the Michigan State Police. She says police will be out in force this weekend.
“If people have only gotten out of town for a couple weekends throughout the summer…then they certainly try to get out of town before their kids have to go back to school. I think that’s what makes it unique….and a very heavily traveled weekend.”
Those heavily traveled roads can be deadly.
21 people died in Labor Day weekend auto accidents in Michigan last year.