Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Take it from this "Trustafarian," these judgy maps are meant to make us laugh
- The new right-to-farm requirements and backyard animals
- Green goo growing in Lake Erie is not what you think it is
- Lawmakers vote to allow wolf hunts in UP
- Host A Prairie Home Companion 40th Anniversary Listening/Viewing Party
Sun February 2, 2014
Open enrollment events scheduled at EAA schools in Detroit
DETROIT (AP) - Open enrollment events are scheduled this week at nine Education Achievement Authority schools in Detroit.
Enrollment is going on for pre-kindergarten through eighth grade with welcome programs set to begin at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday at Phoenix, Burns and Nolan schools.
Parents can tour the school buildings and classrooms, and meet staff.
Events at the district's six high schools will begin at noon on Thursday.
The EAA is a state turnaround district for failing public schools. It was formed in 2011 through an agreement between the state-appointed emergency manager for the Detroit Public Schools and Eastern Michigan University. It currently is made up of 15 former Detroit Public schools.
District officials say EAA students are faring better and learning at a faster clip than before.
Politics & Government