Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Why this 20 year old is getting a mastectomy, and why she's not alone
- Tribal sovereignty at issue in US Supreme Court case out of Michigan
Mon March 11, 2013
The outlook of the auto economy in Michigan
Michigan's economy is recovering faster than most states and much of that growth is because the auto industry is doing better these days.
Ford, GM, and Chrysler are all seeing increased sales in North America and China.
But just how healthy is it for the state to be reliant on building cars and trucks?
The state's economy has not diversified. It's riding along with the ups and downs of the auto industry.
The auto industry is booming for now, but for how long?
We spoke with Rick Haglund of Bridge Magazine about this. He covers Michigan business, economics, and the auto industry for Bridge Magazine.
Listen to the full interview above.