Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Mon March 11, 2013
The outlook of the auto economy in Michigan
Michigan's economy is recovering faster than most states and much of that growth is because the auto industry is doing better these days.
Ford, GM, and Chrysler are all seeing increased sales in North America and China.
But just how healthy is it for the state to be reliant on building cars and trucks?
The state's economy has not diversified. It's riding along with the ups and downs of the auto industry.
The auto industry is booming for now, but for how long?
We spoke with Rick Haglund of Bridge Magazine about this. He covers Michigan business, economics, and the auto industry for Bridge Magazine.
Listen to the full interview above.