Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
- This is what it sounds like inside Michigan's largest wind farm
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
Tue November 6, 2012
Person of interest in custody in I96 shootings
WIXOM, Mich. (AP) - Michigan authorities have taken a person of interest into custody in connection with dozens of shootings across four counties that resulted in at least one injury.
Ingham County Sheriff Gene Wriggelsworth tells The Associated Press that authorities executed a search warrant late Monday night in Wixom, the Detroit suburb where the shootings began last month.
Wriggelsworth says authorities are "trying to confirm whether he's our guy or not."
The shootings began Oct. 16 and stretched from Oakland County west to Ingham County. The targets in the 24 reported incidents were mostly cars traveling on roads near Interstate 96. Only a handful of shootings actually occurred on the interstate.