Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bill to pull the plug on telephone landlines clears Michigan Legislature
- How one Michigan church is changing its views on gay marriage
- Records may fall with the snow this week in Michigan
- This supplemental bill gravely endangers infant health and Michigan's future
- Join Michigan Radio for Issues & Ale: Closing the digital divide in education
Tue November 6, 2012
Person of interest in custody in I96 shootings
WIXOM, Mich. (AP) - Michigan authorities have taken a person of interest into custody in connection with dozens of shootings across four counties that resulted in at least one injury.
Ingham County Sheriff Gene Wriggelsworth tells The Associated Press that authorities executed a search warrant late Monday night in Wixom, the Detroit suburb where the shootings began last month.
Wriggelsworth says authorities are "trying to confirm whether he's our guy or not."
The shootings began Oct. 16 and stretched from Oakland County west to Ingham County. The targets in the 24 reported incidents were mostly cars traveling on roads near Interstate 96. Only a handful of shootings actually occurred on the interstate.