Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- Join Michigan Radio for Issues & Ale: Closing the digital divide in education
Fri December 14, 2012
Pinball Wizards descend on Howell
This weekend, Pinball Wizards, "wannabes" and recreational players will descend on Howell’s Shark Club for the Snowball Open Pinball Tournament.
Organizers expect Amateurs and Professionals from as far away as Italy and all across the country. Competitors will compete on about 40 pinball machines and eventually over $8,000 in prizes will be awarded on Sunday.
Jill Jasik is one of the organizers and says there’s actually a lot of science involved. "It all has to do with physics…and your ability to learn that skill and how to bump and move and tap that machine…to – it’s just a really unique thing to watch."
She says it should be a good tournament. "Just based on the response, we’ll have over a hundred people in here aside from just locals that hear about it from word of mouth."
Jasik says spectators are welcome and may learn a little by watching the competitors "finesse" the machines. For more information about the event go to the Shark Club's Website.
– Chris Zollars, Michigan Radio Newsroom