Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Signed a petition to oppose Asian carp? You actually signed a petition to allow wolf hunting
Wed July 27, 2011
Police Chief: There is a sexual predator, or predators, preying on women in Ann Arbor
Ann Arbor’s police chief says there is one, possibly more sexual predators attacking women in his city. Police are investigating a string of 6 sexual assaults that occurred in the past nine days near the University of Michigan campus.
Police Chief Barnett Jones says young women in Ann Arbor should take precautions and should avoid walking alone at night.
"It is very upsetting when I have to stand up here in front of you to tell people in my community that we have a predator….or predators out there…preying upon women in our community.”
Police released two composite sketches of possible suspects in the string of sexual assaults.
Though the sketches bear little resemblance, Jones says there are some similarities between the attacks.