Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
Thu June 9, 2011
Political Roundup: Auto industry bailout & Mitt Romney (audio)
Chrysler repaid $7.6 billion to the U. S. and Canadian governments back in May.
Recently, General Motors announced the addition of 2,500 jobs to its Hamtramck plant and plans to invest $130 million in a new data center in Warren, Michigan.
Michigan Radio's Jenn White helps us get a look at the political implications of the automotive industry’s progress. She spoke with Susan Demas, political analyst for Michigan Information and Research Service and Ken Sikkema, former Republican state Senate Majority Leader and senior policy fellow at Public Sector Consultants.
Ford, GM future bright