Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Why this 20 year old is getting a mastectomy, and why she's not alone
- Tribal sovereignty at issue in US Supreme Court case out of Michigan
Thu June 9, 2011
Political Roundup: Auto industry bailout & Mitt Romney (audio)
Chrysler repaid $7.6 billion to the U. S. and Canadian governments back in May.
Recently, General Motors announced the addition of 2,500 jobs to its Hamtramck plant and plans to invest $130 million in a new data center in Warren, Michigan.
Michigan Radio's Jenn White helps us get a look at the political implications of the automotive industry’s progress. She spoke with Susan Demas, political analyst for Michigan Information and Research Service and Ken Sikkema, former Republican state Senate Majority Leader and senior policy fellow at Public Sector Consultants.
Ford, GM future bright