Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Proposal 1 asks Michigan voters to weigh in on a complex tax issue
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
Thu June 9, 2011
Political Roundup: Auto industry bailout & Mitt Romney (audio)
Chrysler repaid $7.6 billion to the U. S. and Canadian governments back in May.
Recently, General Motors announced the addition of 2,500 jobs to its Hamtramck plant and plans to invest $130 million in a new data center in Warren, Michigan.
Michigan Radio's Jenn White helps us get a look at the political implications of the automotive industry’s progress. She spoke with Susan Demas, political analyst for Michigan Information and Research Service and Ken Sikkema, former Republican state Senate Majority Leader and senior policy fellow at Public Sector Consultants.
Ford, GM future bright