Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Thu June 9, 2011
Political Roundup: Auto industry bailout & Mitt Romney (audio)
Chrysler repaid $7.6 billion to the U. S. and Canadian governments back in May.
Recently, General Motors announced the addition of 2,500 jobs to its Hamtramck plant and plans to invest $130 million in a new data center in Warren, Michigan.
Michigan Radio's Jenn White helps us get a look at the political implications of the automotive industry’s progress. She spoke with Susan Demas, political analyst for Michigan Information and Research Service and Ken Sikkema, former Republican state Senate Majority Leader and senior policy fellow at Public Sector Consultants.
Ford, GM future bright