Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
Fri August 27, 2010
Poll: Bernero has some catching up to do
Democratic gubernatorial candidate Virg Bernero is way behind according to a poll by EPIC-MRA. Of the 600 people polled, 51% said they'd back Republican Rick Snyder, and just 29% said they'd support Bernero. 20% of the respondents were undecided, so if Bernero can convince the undecided voters, he could make up the gap.
But it appears he'll have to convince voters that he'll do things diffently than current Governor Jennifer Granholm. 63% have an "unfavorable opinion" of Granholm (32% had a "favorable opinion" of the Governor). The poll also shows that 71% think the state is on the "wrong track."
The poll's margin of sampling error is +/- 4 percentage points. The EPIC-MRA poll was done for the Detroit Free Press, and TV stations WXYZ, WJRT, WOOD, and WILX.