Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Proposal 1 asks Michigan voters to weigh in on a complex tax issue
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
Fri August 27, 2010
Poll: Bernero has some catching up to do
Democratic gubernatorial candidate Virg Bernero is way behind according to a poll by EPIC-MRA. Of the 600 people polled, 51% said they'd back Republican Rick Snyder, and just 29% said they'd support Bernero. 20% of the respondents were undecided, so if Bernero can convince the undecided voters, he could make up the gap.
But it appears he'll have to convince voters that he'll do things diffently than current Governor Jennifer Granholm. 63% have an "unfavorable opinion" of Granholm (32% had a "favorable opinion" of the Governor). The poll also shows that 71% think the state is on the "wrong track."
The poll's margin of sampling error is +/- 4 percentage points. The EPIC-MRA poll was done for the Detroit Free Press, and TV stations WXYZ, WJRT, WOOD, and WILX.