Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Scientists are looking for "survivor trees" in Michigan, and they want your help
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
Fri August 27, 2010
Poll: Bernero has some catching up to do
Democratic gubernatorial candidate Virg Bernero is way behind according to a poll by EPIC-MRA. Of the 600 people polled, 51% said they'd back Republican Rick Snyder, and just 29% said they'd support Bernero. 20% of the respondents were undecided, so if Bernero can convince the undecided voters, he could make up the gap.
But it appears he'll have to convince voters that he'll do things diffently than current Governor Jennifer Granholm. 63% have an "unfavorable opinion" of Granholm (32% had a "favorable opinion" of the Governor). The poll also shows that 71% think the state is on the "wrong track."
The poll's margin of sampling error is +/- 4 percentage points. The EPIC-MRA poll was done for the Detroit Free Press, and TV stations WXYZ, WJRT, WOOD, and WILX.