Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Mon April 25, 2011
Poll: Parents want children to have more access to physical education in school
A new poll finds parents want more physical education in school. The U of M C-S Mott Children’s Hospital National poll asked parents of 6 to 11 year olds about their children’s access to gym classes and recess.
A third of parents say their children get too little physical education.
Sarah Clark is the associate director of the poll.
“The parents who are overweight or obese themselves really felt like their kids were not getting what they needed during the school day in terms of physical activity.”
Clark says the poll’s results should be taken into account by legislators considering deep cuts in education spending.