Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Tue August 20, 2013
Pontiac emergency manager Lou Schimmel is out of office
After nearly five years, the city of Pontiac's financial emergency is officially resolved.
Emergency manager Lou Schimmel resigned yesterday, but the state will still have a heavy hand in the city's finances.
A "transition advisory board" appointed by Governor Snyder will have to approve all major budget decisions.
Lou Schimmel was appointed to that board. He joined us today.
Listen to the full interview above.
Politics & Government