Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Proposal 1 asks Michigan voters to weigh in on a complex tax issue
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
Tue August 20, 2013
Pontiac emergency manager Lou Schimmel is out of office
After nearly five years, the city of Pontiac's financial emergency is officially resolved.
Emergency manager Lou Schimmel resigned yesterday, but the state will still have a heavy hand in the city's finances.
A "transition advisory board" appointed by Governor Snyder will have to approve all major budget decisions.
Lou Schimmel was appointed to that board. He joined us today.
Listen to the full interview above.
Politics & Government