Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Revisiting the origin of the "Michigan Left"
- Here's how Michigan taxpayers came to own the designs for the original World Trade Center
- Here are 10 West Michigan trails to explore this fall
- Does the UAW's victory in Indiana signal the end of the two-tier wage system?
- Governor Snyder is fighting a losing game in Aramark scandal
Tue August 20, 2013
Pontiac emergency manager Lou Schimmel is out of office
After nearly five years, the city of Pontiac's financial emergency is officially resolved.
Emergency manager Lou Schimmel resigned yesterday, but the state will still have a heavy hand in the city's finances.
A "transition advisory board" appointed by Governor Snyder will have to approve all major budget decisions.
Lou Schimmel was appointed to that board. He joined us today.
Listen to the full interview above.
Politics & Government