Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Re-thinking creativity's role in education
Tue November 1, 2011
Pontiac's emergency manager fires department heads
The Oakland Press of Pontiac reports Lou Schimmel fired the department heads effective Friday. The changes
are part of what Schimmel, who was appointed to the post in September by Republican Gov. Rick Snyder, says is an effort to put together his own team.
The clerk's office is being merged with human resources and the law department is being outsourced.
An employee with United Water, which is contracted to manage the city's wastewater treatment facilities, will run the public works department.
Schimmel was appointed to fill the post held for 14 months by Michael Stampfler.