Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Tue November 1, 2011
Pontiac's emergency manager fires department heads
The Oakland Press of Pontiac reports Lou Schimmel fired the department heads effective Friday. The changes
are part of what Schimmel, who was appointed to the post in September by Republican Gov. Rick Snyder, says is an effort to put together his own team.
The clerk's office is being merged with human resources and the law department is being outsourced.
An employee with United Water, which is contracted to manage the city's wastewater treatment facilities, will run the public works department.
Schimmel was appointed to fill the post held for 14 months by Michael Stampfler.