Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Why this 20 year old is getting a mastectomy, and why she's not alone
- Tribal sovereignty at issue in US Supreme Court case out of Michigan
Tue November 1, 2011
Pontiac's emergency manager fires department heads
The Oakland Press of Pontiac reports Lou Schimmel fired the department heads effective Friday. The changes
are part of what Schimmel, who was appointed to the post in September by Republican Gov. Rick Snyder, says is an effort to put together his own team.
The clerk's office is being merged with human resources and the law department is being outsourced.
An employee with United Water, which is contracted to manage the city's wastewater treatment facilities, will run the public works department.
Schimmel was appointed to fill the post held for 14 months by Michael Stampfler.