Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
- Yo Yo Ma playing with Detroit kids might make your heart melt
Tue November 1, 2011
Pontiac's emergency manager fires department heads
The Oakland Press of Pontiac reports Lou Schimmel fired the department heads effective Friday. The changes
are part of what Schimmel, who was appointed to the post in September by Republican Gov. Rick Snyder, says is an effort to put together his own team.
The clerk's office is being merged with human resources and the law department is being outsourced.
An employee with United Water, which is contracted to manage the city's wastewater treatment facilities, will run the public works department.
Schimmel was appointed to fill the post held for 14 months by Michael Stampfler.