Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Revisiting the origin of the "Michigan Left"
- Here are 10 West Michigan trails to explore this fall
- Does the UAW's victory in Indiana signal the end of the two-tier wage system?
- Governor Snyder is fighting a losing game in Aramark scandal
- Here's how Michigan taxpayers came to own the designs for the original World Trade Center
Wed September 4, 2013
Poor air quality in Michigan is not limited to areas of industry
If we asked you to name the areas in Michigan most likely to have poor air quality, chances are pretty good you'd start with the Detroit area, or southeast Michigan. Certainly with all of the vehicles, the industry, and the dense population, it's not too surprising that the Detroit area most often has the most polluted air.
But some of the most beautiful, most scenic areas of Michigan also suffer from poor air quality.
MLive meteorologist Mark Torregrossa joined us today to help is find out where and why this is happening.
Listen to the full interview above.
Environment & Science