Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Join the Great Michigan Read story-writing contest
Wed September 4, 2013
Poor air quality in Michigan is not limited to areas of industry
If we asked you to name the areas in Michigan most likely to have poor air quality, chances are pretty good you'd start with the Detroit area, or southeast Michigan. Certainly with all of the vehicles, the industry, and the dense population, it's not too surprising that the Detroit area most often has the most polluted air.
But some of the most beautiful, most scenic areas of Michigan also suffer from poor air quality.
MLive meteorologist Mark Torregrossa joined us today to help is find out where and why this is happening.
Listen to the full interview above.
Environment & Science