Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Thu August 11, 2011
President Obama to Holland
President Obama is visiting West Michigan this afternoon for a tour of an advanced battery facility at the Johnson Controls plant in Holland. The president takes off from D.C. at 11:45 a.m. and is scheduled to touch down in Grand Rapids at 1:15 p.m. and then head to Holland by 2:25 p.m..
Of course, any presidential visit tends to warrant heavy media coverage. Here’s what news-outlets across the state, and around the nation, are saying about the President’s trip to the mitten state:
Politico.com: Obama’s visit draws mixed reviews
The Washington Post: Obama tries to change subject back to green jobs
The Grand Rapids Press: As President Obama visits Holland battery plant, should government be betting on technology?
MichiganRadio.org: Holland hopes to become leader in advanced battery manufacturing
The Grand Rapids Press: President Barack Obama's visit to Holland will be light on prominent Republicans
HollandSentinel.com: COMMENTARY — What about jobs, Mr. President?
The New York Times: Obama team turns its focus to tough re-election fight