Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Those who want to outlaw publications over sexually explicit ads should study Constitution first
Thu August 11, 2011
President Obama to Holland
President Obama is visiting West Michigan this afternoon for a tour of an advanced battery facility at the Johnson Controls plant in Holland. The president takes off from D.C. at 11:45 a.m. and is scheduled to touch down in Grand Rapids at 1:15 p.m. and then head to Holland by 2:25 p.m..
Of course, any presidential visit tends to warrant heavy media coverage. Here’s what news-outlets across the state, and around the nation, are saying about the President’s trip to the mitten state:
Politico.com: Obama’s visit draws mixed reviews
The Washington Post: Obama tries to change subject back to green jobs
The Grand Rapids Press: As President Obama visits Holland battery plant, should government be betting on technology?
MichiganRadio.org: Holland hopes to become leader in advanced battery manufacturing
The Grand Rapids Press: President Barack Obama's visit to Holland will be light on prominent Republicans
HollandSentinel.com: COMMENTARY — What about jobs, Mr. President?
The New York Times: Obama team turns its focus to tough re-election fight