Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Proposal 1 asks Michigan voters to weigh in on a complex tax issue
Tue August 27, 2013
Production of the Bradley Fighting Vehicle might be stopped and that is bad news for Michigan
Whenever there's conversation and debate about Washington's bloated budgets and out of control federal spending, the Defense Department is frequently in the spotlight.
Now as the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan wind down and in the face of demands to cut back spending, the Defense Department is proposing to do just that, by cutting back on something that could hit Michigan companies very hard.
Todd Spangler covers Washington for the Detroit Free Press and he joined us today from D.C.
Listen to the full interview above.