Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Scientists are looking for "survivor trees" in Michigan, and they want your help
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
Tue August 27, 2013
Production of the Bradley Fighting Vehicle might be stopped and that is bad news for Michigan
Whenever there's conversation and debate about Washington's bloated budgets and out of control federal spending, the Defense Department is frequently in the spotlight.
Now as the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan wind down and in the face of demands to cut back spending, the Defense Department is proposing to do just that, by cutting back on something that could hit Michigan companies very hard.
Todd Spangler covers Washington for the Detroit Free Press and he joined us today from D.C.
Listen to the full interview above.