Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Revisiting the origin of the "Michigan Left"
- Here's how Michigan taxpayers came to own the designs for the original World Trade Center
- Here are 10 West Michigan trails to explore this fall
- Does the UAW's victory in Indiana signal the end of the two-tier wage system?
- Governor Snyder is fighting a losing game in Aramark scandal
Mon May 5, 2014
For-profit health care systems taking over community hospitals in Michigan
There is a distinct health care trend happening in Michigan. For-profit health care systems are taking over community hospitals.
The question has become, is this a way for a community hospital to stay alive, or even for it to expand and modernize? Or is it a trend where "bottom-line thinking" is going to affect patient costs and quality of care?
Writer Julie Edgar explored these questions in her recent article for Bridge Magazine, and she joined us to discuss.