Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Signed a petition to oppose Asian carp? You actually signed a petition to allow wolf hunting
Mon May 5, 2014
For-profit health care systems taking over community hospitals in Michigan
There is a distinct health care trend happening in Michigan. For-profit health care systems are taking over community hospitals.
The question has become, is this a way for a community hospital to stay alive, or even for it to expand and modernize? Or is it a trend where "bottom-line thinking" is going to affect patient costs and quality of care?
Writer Julie Edgar explored these questions in her recent article for Bridge Magazine, and she joined us to discuss.