Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Those who want to outlaw publications over sexually explicit ads should study Constitution first
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
Mon March 10, 2014
Proposed changes to special education in Michigan worry parents
Proposed changes to special education rules in Michigan are causing alarm and concern for some parents.
You can read about the proposed changes here.
Marcie Lipsitt is the founder of the Michigan Alliance for Special Education, a grassroots organization that advocates for special education students.
The proposed rule revisions would be "catastrophic," according to Lipsitt.
*You can listen to her thoughts above.
May 3rd Election