Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
- Analyzing Sunday's debate between Governor Rick Snyder and Democratic challenger, Mark Schauer
Mon March 10, 2014
Proposed changes to special education in Michigan worry parents
Proposed changes to special education rules in Michigan are causing alarm and concern for some parents.
You can read about the proposed changes here.
Marcie Lipsitt is the founder of the Michigan Alliance for Special Education, a grassroots organization that advocates for special education students.
The proposed rule revisions would be "catastrophic," according to Lipsitt.
*You can listen to her thoughts above.
May 3rd Election