Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Fri April 29, 2011
Pure Michigan ad: Live the "artful" life in Grand Rapids
Pure Michigan's latest ad features the city of Grand Rapids.
The new commercial paints Grand Rapids as the state's 'go to' place for arts and culture, with lines like "where food is art, and music flows in every color imaginable; let's start living the artful life."
Alex Fluegel is with the Arts Council of Greater Grand Rapids. She says she's not surprised the ad promotes the city's arts community, what with its landmark Calder sculpture, the state’s only professional ballet company, and of course ArtPrize. But, she says, "that’s not to say there aren’t other cities with flourishing arts communities."
Grand Rapids isn’t the only city with a Pure Michigan ad. The ad for Ann Arbor talks about the city’s “unique” quality, Flint is depicted as “diverse," and Detroit is characterized as “a city with something for everyone.”
Since its launch five years ago, the Pure Michigan campaign has attracted seven million out-of-state visitors to Michigan.