Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Fri January 28, 2011
'Pure Michigan' funding bill introduced in state House
Republican state Representative Wayne Schmidt of Traverse City introduced a bill yesterday in the state House that would transfer $20 million into the state's 'Pure Michigan' tourism ad campaign. That would be an increase from the $10 million that's currently planned.
The Associated Press reports:
Supporters of the Pure Michigan campaign say the latest proposed increase would boost funding for the program to $25 million as requested by Gov. Rick Snyder.
The Pure Michigan campaign has received positive reviews from lawmakers but they haven't agreed on a steady, permanent funding source for the program.