Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
Fri January 28, 2011
'Pure Michigan' funding bill introduced in state House
Republican state Representative Wayne Schmidt of Traverse City introduced a bill yesterday in the state House that would transfer $20 million into the state's 'Pure Michigan' tourism ad campaign. That would be an increase from the $10 million that's currently planned.
The Associated Press reports:
Supporters of the Pure Michigan campaign say the latest proposed increase would boost funding for the program to $25 million as requested by Gov. Rick Snyder.
The Pure Michigan campaign has received positive reviews from lawmakers but they haven't agreed on a steady, permanent funding source for the program.