Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Re-thinking creativity's role in education
Sun March 18, 2012
Pure Michigan rolling out Summer tourism ads
LANSING, Mich. (AP) — As the seasons turn, it's time for this year's Pure Michigan national advertising campaign.
The $12 million ad blitz on cable TV starts Monday and runs through June on more than 20 networks, ranging from Animal Planet to CNN to the Weather Channel.
Ann Arbor, Traverse City, Mackinac Island and The Henry Ford museum each contributed $500,000, meaning some ads will focus on those destinations. George Zimmerman, vice president of Travel Michigan, credits past campaigns with bringing out-of-state visitors to the Great Lakes State.
The ads can be viewed at www.michigan.org.