Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
Sun March 18, 2012
Pure Michigan rolling out Summer tourism ads
LANSING, Mich. (AP) — As the seasons turn, it's time for this year's Pure Michigan national advertising campaign.
The $12 million ad blitz on cable TV starts Monday and runs through June on more than 20 networks, ranging from Animal Planet to CNN to the Weather Channel.
Ann Arbor, Traverse City, Mackinac Island and The Henry Ford museum each contributed $500,000, meaning some ads will focus on those destinations. George Zimmerman, vice president of Travel Michigan, credits past campaigns with bringing out-of-state visitors to the Great Lakes State.
The ads can be viewed at www.michigan.org.