Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
Sun March 18, 2012
Pure Michigan rolling out Summer tourism ads
LANSING, Mich. (AP) — As the seasons turn, it's time for this year's Pure Michigan national advertising campaign.
The $12 million ad blitz on cable TV starts Monday and runs through June on more than 20 networks, ranging from Animal Planet to CNN to the Weather Channel.
Ann Arbor, Traverse City, Mackinac Island and The Henry Ford museum each contributed $500,000, meaning some ads will focus on those destinations. George Zimmerman, vice president of Travel Michigan, credits past campaigns with bringing out-of-state visitors to the Great Lakes State.
The ads can be viewed at www.michigan.org.