Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
- Yo Yo Ma playing with Detroit kids might make your heart melt
Tue February 8, 2011
Pure Michigan takes step to getting $10 million dollars more from state
A State House committee this morning approved $10 million to for the Pure Michigan tourism advertising campaign. The full House is expected to vote on the funding this week, and the Senate next week.
The measure may hit the governor’s desk before the end of the month.
George Zimmerman is a vice president with Travel Michigan. He says the money is needed as soon as possible.
"The funding for the national cable TV buy has already been provided up to this point. But we don’t really have the funding yet for the regional Spring/Summer buys, in key out of state markets like Chicago, Indianapolis, Cleveland, Columbus etc."
The Pure Michigan campaign is expected to be fully funded at $25 million this year with a mix of public and private money. The Pure Michigan advertising campaign is credited with boosting the state’s tourism industry, but state budget cuts threatened to keep the campaign off the air.