Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Proposal 1 asks Michigan voters to weigh in on a complex tax issue
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
Tue February 8, 2011
Pure Michigan takes step to getting $10 million dollars more from state
A State House committee this morning approved $10 million to for the Pure Michigan tourism advertising campaign. The full House is expected to vote on the funding this week, and the Senate next week.
The measure may hit the governor’s desk before the end of the month.
George Zimmerman is a vice president with Travel Michigan. He says the money is needed as soon as possible.
"The funding for the national cable TV buy has already been provided up to this point. But we don’t really have the funding yet for the regional Spring/Summer buys, in key out of state markets like Chicago, Indianapolis, Cleveland, Columbus etc."
The Pure Michigan campaign is expected to be fully funded at $25 million this year with a mix of public and private money. The Pure Michigan advertising campaign is credited with boosting the state’s tourism industry, but state budget cuts threatened to keep the campaign off the air.