Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Tue February 8, 2011
Pure Michigan takes step to getting $10 million dollars more from state
A State House committee this morning approved $10 million to for the Pure Michigan tourism advertising campaign. The full House is expected to vote on the funding this week, and the Senate next week.
The measure may hit the governor’s desk before the end of the month.
George Zimmerman is a vice president with Travel Michigan. He says the money is needed as soon as possible.
"The funding for the national cable TV buy has already been provided up to this point. But we don’t really have the funding yet for the regional Spring/Summer buys, in key out of state markets like Chicago, Indianapolis, Cleveland, Columbus etc."
The Pure Michigan campaign is expected to be fully funded at $25 million this year with a mix of public and private money. The Pure Michigan advertising campaign is credited with boosting the state’s tourism industry, but state budget cuts threatened to keep the campaign off the air.