Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Tue January 28, 2014
A quick preview of our documentary on high-stakes testing
Dustin Dwyer and Kimberly Springer from our State of Opportunity team share "five teasers" about the upcoming documentary on high-stakes testing. The documentary will air (and be online) this Thursday.
Here's one thing that Dwyer will explore in the documentary: How the "bad" label can harm a school in an otherwise wealthy district.
The city continues to attract microbreweries, coffee roasters, and a young, upwardly mobile population who will probably settle near Congress. But because of rumors about Congress as a "bad building" with bad MEAP scores, they probably wouldn't think of sending their kids to school there.
What are parents missing out on when they judge a school solely by test scores and word-of-mouth reviews?
Follow this link to read more.
Politics & Government