Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
- Yo Yo Ma playing with Detroit kids might make your heart melt
Thu January 26, 2012
Quicken Loans' Gilbert says he's seeking to fill 500 internships and 300 new technolgy jobs
John Gallagher of the Detroit Free Press reports the head of Quicken Loans, Dan Gilbert, is hoping to hire "500 college interns this summer in downtown Detroit."
Gilbert said he wants to move the city from having a "brain drain" to a "brain gain" - from the Freep:
Gilbert told the annual meeting of the Detroit Metro Convention & Visitors Bureau that hiring 250 interns last summer proved so successful that Quicken plans to double the program this year. He urged the hundreds of attendees at the Fillmore Theatre in Detroit to spread the word to college-age young people.
“We want them all,” he said.
Gilbert also told the group that the company is planning to hire 300 "new technology" employees.
Anyone interested in applying can visit Quicken's employment website to find out more.