Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Watch a time-lapse video of the ice forming on the Great Lakes
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Volts in Dream Cruise
Wed August 17, 2011
Quiet Chevy Volts to join classic V-8 Chevys in Dream Cruise
Chevrolet kicks off the Woodward Dream Cruise weekend with a parade of classic Chevy vehicles alongside 50 Chevy Volts - GM's modern flagship electric car with an extended range gas engine.
Chevy is celebrating its 100th anniversary this year.
Spokesman Rob Peterson says fifty Volts will cruise quietly down Woodward Avenue on battery power – alongside some classic Chevys with their big V-8 engines.
" The Woodward Dream Cruise really is a celebration of where Chevrolet has been," says Peterson. "The Chevy Volt and the electric Cruze that we’re gonna be doing is a celebration of what the future holds."
The biggest Dream Cruise event is Saturday, when thousands of people drive their classic cars down Woodward.
The event draws between a million and a million and a half people to the Detroit area.