Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
Volts in Dream Cruise
Wed August 17, 2011
Quiet Chevy Volts to join classic V-8 Chevys in Dream Cruise
Chevrolet kicks off the Woodward Dream Cruise weekend with a parade of classic Chevy vehicles alongside 50 Chevy Volts - GM's modern flagship electric car with an extended range gas engine.
Chevy is celebrating its 100th anniversary this year.
Spokesman Rob Peterson says fifty Volts will cruise quietly down Woodward Avenue on battery power – alongside some classic Chevys with their big V-8 engines.
" The Woodward Dream Cruise really is a celebration of where Chevrolet has been," says Peterson. "The Chevy Volt and the electric Cruze that we’re gonna be doing is a celebration of what the future holds."
The biggest Dream Cruise event is Saturday, when thousands of people drive their classic cars down Woodward.
The event draws between a million and a million and a half people to the Detroit area.