Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Proposal 1 asks Michigan voters to weigh in on a complex tax issue
Volts in Dream Cruise
Wed August 17, 2011
Quiet Chevy Volts to join classic V-8 Chevys in Dream Cruise
Chevrolet kicks off the Woodward Dream Cruise weekend with a parade of classic Chevy vehicles alongside 50 Chevy Volts - GM's modern flagship electric car with an extended range gas engine.
Chevy is celebrating its 100th anniversary this year.
Spokesman Rob Peterson says fifty Volts will cruise quietly down Woodward Avenue on battery power – alongside some classic Chevys with their big V-8 engines.
" The Woodward Dream Cruise really is a celebration of where Chevrolet has been," says Peterson. "The Chevy Volt and the electric Cruze that we’re gonna be doing is a celebration of what the future holds."
The biggest Dream Cruise event is Saturday, when thousands of people drive their classic cars down Woodward.
The event draws between a million and a million and a half people to the Detroit area.