Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Revisiting the origin of the "Michigan Left"
- Here's how Michigan taxpayers came to own the designs for the original World Trade Center
- Here are 10 West Michigan trails to explore this fall
- What's behind Michigan Republicans' big turnaround on medical marijuana?
- Gay teacher who says pregnancy got her fired speaks to Stateside
Tue November 2, 2010
Re-elected Justice Robert Young says voters chose rule of law over rule of judges
Introducing Robert Young, who won another term as a Michigan Supreme Court justice, Oakland County Executive L. Brooks Patterson says ads run against Young were "below the belt," and funded by Detroit attorney Geoffrey Fieger.
To applause, Young says he will uphold the constitution of the United States, along with his three fellow "rule of law" justices on the Supreme Court. The Supreme Court race is ostensibly non-partisan, but candidates are nominated by the state parties.