Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
Tue November 2, 2010
Re-elected Justice Robert Young says voters chose rule of law over rule of judges
Introducing Robert Young, who won another term as a Michigan Supreme Court justice, Oakland County Executive L. Brooks Patterson says ads run against Young were "below the belt," and funded by Detroit attorney Geoffrey Fieger.
To applause, Young says he will uphold the constitution of the United States, along with his three fellow "rule of law" justices on the Supreme Court. The Supreme Court race is ostensibly non-partisan, but candidates are nominated by the state parties.