Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
- Yo Yo Ma playing with Detroit kids might make your heart melt
Wed January 15, 2014
Red Ryder Daisy Air Rifle made in Michigan
In the Wayne County city of Plymouth, a group is trying to preserve the last remnant of a factory that was once a deep part of the community - the Daisy Manufacturing Company.
Fans of the film "A Christmas Story" may recall the Red Ryder Daisy Air Rifle.
Yes, that red rifle that Ralphie pined for would have been made at the former Daisy Factory.
Joining us is Wendy Harkins. She is president of the Plymouth Preservation Network.