Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Signed a petition to oppose Asian carp? You actually signed a petition to allow wolf hunting
Wed January 15, 2014
Red Ryder Daisy Air Rifle made in Michigan
In the Wayne County city of Plymouth, a group is trying to preserve the last remnant of a factory that was once a deep part of the community - the Daisy Manufacturing Company.
Fans of the film "A Christmas Story" may recall the Red Ryder Daisy Air Rifle.
Yes, that red rifle that Ralphie pined for would have been made at the former Daisy Factory.
Joining us is Wendy Harkins. She is president of the Plymouth Preservation Network.