Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
- Analyzing Sunday's debate between Governor Rick Snyder and Democratic challenger, Mark Schauer
Wed January 15, 2014
Red Ryder Daisy Air Rifle made in Michigan
In the Wayne County city of Plymouth, a group is trying to preserve the last remnant of a factory that was once a deep part of the community - the Daisy Manufacturing Company.
Fans of the film "A Christmas Story" may recall the Red Ryder Daisy Air Rifle.
Yes, that red rifle that Ralphie pined for would have been made at the former Daisy Factory.
Joining us is Wendy Harkins. She is president of the Plymouth Preservation Network.