Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Wed January 15, 2014
Red Ryder Daisy Air Rifle made in Michigan
In the Wayne County city of Plymouth, a group is trying to preserve the last remnant of a factory that was once a deep part of the community - the Daisy Manufacturing Company.
Fans of the film "A Christmas Story" may recall the Red Ryder Daisy Air Rifle.
Yes, that red rifle that Ralphie pined for would have been made at the former Daisy Factory.
Joining us is Wendy Harkins. She is president of the Plymouth Preservation Network.