Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Those who want to outlaw publications over sexually explicit ads should study Constitution first
Wed January 15, 2014
Red Ryder Daisy Air Rifle made in Michigan
In the Wayne County city of Plymouth, a group is trying to preserve the last remnant of a factory that was once a deep part of the community - the Daisy Manufacturing Company.
Fans of the film "A Christmas Story" may recall the Red Ryder Daisy Air Rifle.
Yes, that red rifle that Ralphie pined for would have been made at the former Daisy Factory.
Joining us is Wendy Harkins. She is president of the Plymouth Preservation Network.