Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Tue December 13, 2011
Remembering Howard Wolpe
Wolpe died October 25th at his home in Saugatuck. He was 71.
Former Michigan congressman Mark Schauer will be among the speakers at the memorial service at Western Michigan University. He says Wolpe was a mentor and inspiration.
"He made his decisions based on principles and values…and intelligence. And always trying to do what’s right for the people he represented," says Schauer.
Wolpe represented Kalamazoo in Congress for seven terms and ran unsuccessfully for governor in 1994.