Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Take it from this "Trustafarian," these judgy maps are meant to make us laugh
- Green goo growing in Lake Erie is not what you think it is
- The new right-to-farm requirements and backyard animals
- Lawmakers vote to allow wolf hunts in UP
- Workers in Minnesota see wage gains, while workers in Michigan see steady wage losses
Tue November 5, 2013
Rep. Kildee weighs in on proposed nuclear waste disposal facility on Lake Huron
Rebecca Williams of Michigan Radio's Environment Report first told you last year that Ontario Power Generation has proposed building a nuclear waste disposal facility at its Bruce Nuclear Power Site.
The site near the city of Kincardine and would be located less than a mile from Lake Huron. If approved, the site would house 52 million gallons of low and intermediate level nuclear waste. Among those expressing alarm about this proposal are Congressman Sander Levin, Gary Peters, John Dingell, and my next guest, Congressman Dan Kildee, Democrat from Flint Township. *Listen to the audio above.