Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Take it from this "Trustafarian," these judgy maps are meant to make us laugh
- The new right-to-farm requirements and backyard animals
- Host A Prairie Home Companion 40th Anniversary Listening/Viewing Party
- 18 new charters opening this fall are already controversial
- This Detroit woman who fought for equal rights decades ago deserves to be remembered today
Fri May 9, 2014
Rep. Lisa Posthumus Lyons explains latest on statewide teacher evaluation bills
A state wide teacher evaluation system is finally seeing some movement in the legislature. The plan would rate teachers and administrators based on student growth on standardized tests and in-class observations. If teachers and administrators are found to be ineffective for three year in a row, they would be fired.
Representative Lisa Posthumus Lyons is the Chair of the House Education Committee. She joined us today.