Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
Fri May 9, 2014
Rep. Lisa Posthumus Lyons explains latest on statewide teacher evaluation bills
A state wide teacher evaluation system is finally seeing some movement in the legislature. The plan would rate teachers and administrators based on student growth on standardized tests and in-class observations. If teachers and administrators are found to be ineffective for three year in a row, they would be fired.
Representative Lisa Posthumus Lyons is the Chair of the House Education Committee. She joined us today.