Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Tue January 28, 2014
Report shows Michigan's low-income 4th-graders lag in reading proficiency
A new report finds the state's poorest children have failed to make up any ground in their reading skills in the past decade.
According to the the latest Kids Count report, 81% of low-income 4th-graders in Michigan are not reading proficiently.
Michigan is among six states that have seen no improvement in that rate since 2003.
Jane Zehnder-Merrell is the project director for Kids Count Michigan and she joined us today.