Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
Tue January 4, 2011
Rich Rodriguez likely to learn about his future this afternoon
The head coach of the University of Michigan's football team might learn about his future today.
AnnArbor.com is reporting that University of Michigan Athletic Director, David Brandon, will meet with the university's head football coach, Rich Rodriguez, this afternoon:
Michigan athletic director Dave Brandon will meet with embattled coach Rich Rodriguez early this afternoon to discuss his future with the Wolverines football program, according to two people with knowledge of the meetings.
Rodriguez' future at UofM has been in question since last November when Brandon didn't throw his full support behind the coach at the end of the regular season. UofM's embarrassing loss in the Gator Bowl against Mississippi State didn't help matters.
There's been much speculation about who will replace Rodriguez. If you ask UM supporters, Stanford's coach, Jim Harbaugh, is at the top of their wish list (especially after winning the Orange Bowl last night), but recent reports say Harbaugh is not interested in the job.