Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Analyzing Sunday's debate between Governor Rick Snyder and Democratic challenger, Mark Schauer
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
Fri November 5, 2010
Richardville likely to take top spot among state Senators
It appears that Republican state Senator Randy Richardville, who represents Michigan's 17th Senate District, will be the state's next Senate Majority Leader. On it's Facebook page, the Gongwer News Service says, "Richardville is assured election... as incoming Senator John Pross will drop out of the race."
Senate Democrats elected state Senator Gretchen Whitmer yesterday as their caucus leader.
Richardville won a second-term in the state Senate on Tuesday by defeating John Spencer.
He spent three terms in the Michigan House of Representatives from 1999-2004.