Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Watch a time-lapse video of the ice forming on the Great Lakes
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Fri November 5, 2010
Richardville likely to take top spot among state Senators
It appears that Republican state Senator Randy Richardville, who represents Michigan's 17th Senate District, will be the state's next Senate Majority Leader. On it's Facebook page, the Gongwer News Service says, "Richardville is assured election... as incoming Senator John Pross will drop out of the race."
Senate Democrats elected state Senator Gretchen Whitmer yesterday as their caucus leader.
Richardville won a second-term in the state Senate on Tuesday by defeating John Spencer.
He spent three terms in the Michigan House of Representatives from 1999-2004.