Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Fri November 5, 2010
Richardville likely to take top spot among state Senators
It appears that Republican state Senator Randy Richardville, who represents Michigan's 17th Senate District, will be the state's next Senate Majority Leader. On it's Facebook page, the Gongwer News Service says, "Richardville is assured election... as incoming Senator John Pross will drop out of the race."
Senate Democrats elected state Senator Gretchen Whitmer yesterday as their caucus leader.
Richardville won a second-term in the state Senate on Tuesday by defeating John Spencer.
He spent three terms in the Michigan House of Representatives from 1999-2004.