Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Proposal 1 asks Michigan voters to weigh in on a complex tax issue
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
Fri September 17, 2010
Robert Steele wants Rep. John Dingell's job
Republican Dr. Robert Steele is challenging Democratic incumbent John Dingell in this year's election. Congressman Dingell represents Michigan's 15th district and is the longest serving member of the U.S. House of Representatives.
In an interview this morning, Steele told Michigan Radio that it's a good time for Dingell to retire. "When you look at the polices that he's promoted over the years, with the excessive spending... and the collapse of Detroit... he's been there and had his chance to help things go forward and we're not making any more progress," Steele said.