Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Fri September 17, 2010
Robert Steele wants Rep. John Dingell's job
Republican Dr. Robert Steele is challenging Democratic incumbent John Dingell in this year's election. Congressman Dingell represents Michigan's 15th district and is the longest serving member of the U.S. House of Representatives.
In an interview this morning, Steele told Michigan Radio that it's a good time for Dingell to retire. "When you look at the polices that he's promoted over the years, with the excessive spending... and the collapse of Detroit... he's been there and had his chance to help things go forward and we're not making any more progress," Steele said.