Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Those who want to outlaw publications over sexually explicit ads should study Constitution first
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
Tue October 18, 2011
Romney trumps all in Michigan fund-raising so far
Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney is outpacing all other candidates in fund-raising Michigan – including President Obama.
Mitt Romney’s roots go deep in Michigan. He was born and raised here. His father was governor from 1963 to 1969.
Inside Michigan Politics editor Bill Ballenger says Romney’s got a widespread net of supporters.
"Mitt Romney is so far ahead, it’s not even a contest," Ballenger says. "And no other presidential candidate even has a presence in Michigan.”
Except, Ballenger says, for President Obama, whose donations are increasing.
He says the president has been visiting Michigan a lot lately because no Democrat can be elected without carrying the state.