Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- Join Michigan Radio for Issues & Ale: Closing the digital divide in education
Tue October 18, 2011
Romney trumps all in Michigan fund-raising so far
Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney is outpacing all other candidates in fund-raising Michigan – including President Obama.
Mitt Romney’s roots go deep in Michigan. He was born and raised here. His father was governor from 1963 to 1969.
Inside Michigan Politics editor Bill Ballenger says Romney’s got a widespread net of supporters.
"Mitt Romney is so far ahead, it’s not even a contest," Ballenger says. "And no other presidential candidate even has a presence in Michigan.”
Except, Ballenger says, for President Obama, whose donations are increasing.
He says the president has been visiting Michigan a lot lately because no Democrat can be elected without carrying the state.