Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Tue October 18, 2011
Romney trumps all in Michigan fund-raising so far
Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney is outpacing all other candidates in fund-raising Michigan – including President Obama.
Mitt Romney’s roots go deep in Michigan. He was born and raised here. His father was governor from 1963 to 1969.
Inside Michigan Politics editor Bill Ballenger says Romney’s got a widespread net of supporters.
"Mitt Romney is so far ahead, it’s not even a contest," Ballenger says. "And no other presidential candidate even has a presence in Michigan.”
Except, Ballenger says, for President Obama, whose donations are increasing.
He says the president has been visiting Michigan a lot lately because no Democrat can be elected without carrying the state.