Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
- Tribal sovereignty at issue in US Supreme Court case out of Michigan
Tue October 18, 2011
Romney trumps all in Michigan fund-raising so far
Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney is outpacing all other candidates in fund-raising Michigan – including President Obama.
Mitt Romney’s roots go deep in Michigan. He was born and raised here. His father was governor from 1963 to 1969.
Inside Michigan Politics editor Bill Ballenger says Romney’s got a widespread net of supporters.
"Mitt Romney is so far ahead, it’s not even a contest," Ballenger says. "And no other presidential candidate even has a presence in Michigan.”
Except, Ballenger says, for President Obama, whose donations are increasing.
He says the president has been visiting Michigan a lot lately because no Democrat can be elected without carrying the state.