Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Watch a time-lapse video of the ice forming on the Great Lakes
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Arts & Culture
Thu August 29, 2013
Roots of Labor Day in Detroit reach back to before the Civil War
As we prepare to mark the end of summer with Monday's Labor Day holiday, we wanted to take a look back at this holiday because its roots -- at least in Detroit -- reach all the way back to before the Civil War.
Joining us is our favorite source for these moments when we look back in time - writer Bill Loomis.
Listen to the audio above.
Environment & Science