Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
- This is what it sounds like inside Michigan's largest wind farm
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
Arts & Culture
Thu August 29, 2013
Roots of Labor Day in Detroit reach back to before the Civil War
As we prepare to mark the end of summer with Monday's Labor Day holiday, we wanted to take a look back at this holiday because its roots -- at least in Detroit -- reach all the way back to before the Civil War.
Joining us is our favorite source for these moments when we look back in time - writer Bill Loomis.
Listen to the audio above.
Environment & Science