Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Mon February 25, 2013
Safety investigators look into Ford engine problems
U.S. safety regulators will investigate problems with stalling or surging engines, in about 725,000 Ford cars and SUVs.
The probe includes affects Ford Escape and Mercury Mariner SUVs from the 2009 through 2011 model years.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and Ford have received almost 1,500 complaints about the problem.
Meanwhile, regulators are considering whether to investigate a complaint from an auto lab in Virginia, that the steering can fail on the Toyota Prius.
A probe would affect the Prius gas-electric hybrids from the 2004 through 2009 model years.