Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
Mon October 14, 2013
Sander Levin on the government shutdown
Democratic and Republican leaders in Congress are still at odds over federal spending, on this, the 14th day of the partial government shutdown.
In weekend discussions, Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid and Republican leader Mitch McConnell could not reach a deal to raise the nation's borrowing authority. Stocks are lower as the nation moves to a potentially disastrous default on its debt.
Democratic Congressman Sander Levin joined us today to talk about the latest in the impasse.
Listen to the full interview above.