Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Re-thinking creativity's role in education
Mon October 14, 2013
Sander Levin on the government shutdown
Democratic and Republican leaders in Congress are still at odds over federal spending, on this, the 14th day of the partial government shutdown.
In weekend discussions, Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid and Republican leader Mitch McConnell could not reach a deal to raise the nation's borrowing authority. Stocks are lower as the nation moves to a potentially disastrous default on its debt.
Democratic Congressman Sander Levin joined us today to talk about the latest in the impasse.
Listen to the full interview above.