Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- The Detroit Free Press endorsement shows our system of government is broken
- Scientists are looking for "survivor trees" in Michigan, and they want your help
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Snyder and Schauer both wrong; potential revenue lost to schools is a billion dollars a year
- Here's why so few people get flu shots
Mon October 14, 2013
Sander Levin on the government shutdown
Democratic and Republican leaders in Congress are still at odds over federal spending, on this, the 14th day of the partial government shutdown.
In weekend discussions, Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid and Republican leader Mitch McConnell could not reach a deal to raise the nation's borrowing authority. Stocks are lower as the nation moves to a potentially disastrous default on its debt.
Democratic Congressman Sander Levin joined us today to talk about the latest in the impasse.
Listen to the full interview above.