Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Watch a time-lapse video of the ice forming on the Great Lakes
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Mon December 24, 2012
Santa's helpers sometimes dress like firefighters in Michigan
Most Michigan children believe Santa Claus brings them presents for Christmas.
But children in Charlotte KNOW local firefighters are handling the delivery. Starting about five o'clock, fire engines will start rolling down local streets, delivering presents.
The Christmas Kiddies program has been providing needy children with presents in Eaton County for more than a hundred years. This year, more than 400 children will be receiving Christmas presents.
Tyger Fullerton is the deputy fire chief. He’s the third generation of his family to be part of the program
“My biggest thing is to give back to the program…and keep on doing the tradition…and to do it right," says Fullerton.
Fullerton says local children know to watch on Christmas Eve for the fire truck delivering presents that Santa doesn’t have room for in his sleigh.
Arts & Culture