Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Awkward: UAW official praises Democratic candidate for governor while the GOP incumbent listens
- If its name is any indication, this winter storm headed for Michigan could be really fierce
- Why this 20 year old is getting a mastectomy, and why she's not alone
- Michigan Republican party fails to address Dave Agema's bigotry and hatred
- In this morning's news...
Politics & Government
Tue July 10, 2012
Sarah Palin to address metro Detroit tea party event
Former governor and vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin will be in Michigan this Saturday.
According to the event's website, Palin and at least seven other conservative speakers will focus on the economy and the reach of the government.
The event's site says,
With socialized health care, high gas prices, record debt, high unemployment, and a host of other issues, we’ve really got our work cut out for us.
The Detroit News reports:
Tea party leaders were overjoyed when they learned Palin accepted the invitation.
"I'm just elated," said Denise Magewick-Schlotz, co-administrator of the Willow Run Tea Party. "It should be a great event."
The event is free; parking is $5 and food and entertainment will be on hand, Magewick-Schlotz said.
The event is open to the public and will run from noon to 6 p.m. All proceeds will benefit the Fallen and Wounded Soldiers Fund.
Since her unsuccessful vice presidential run, Palin continued to serve as governor of Alaska until she resigned in July 2009. She wrote a No. 1 New York Times best-seller, Going Rogue, and went on a national book tour, after which she briefly considered a 2012 presidential bid. She also frequently speaks at events such as Saturday's Patriots in the Park. -Elaine Ezekiel, Michigan Radio Newsroom